Active Ingredients: Acriflavine Neutral is a preventative and treatment for the control of Oodinium (Velvet) in freshwater and marine fishes. It has a long history of usefulness for the control of fish diseases.
Acriflavine Neutral is useful for fish egg disinfection, treatment of open wounds, and external protozoan infections, mouth and fin rot. The drug is effective in the control of the bacterial infection “columnaris” (Flexibacter columnaris). Acriflavine may also be considered as an alternative to Malachite Green when it is known that a certain species of fish may be sensitive to Malachite Green.
- Use 1 teaspoon (approximately 5 ml) per 5 to 10 gallons of water. This produces a concentration of 10 to 5 ppm. When used at this concentration, 4 ounces of Acriflavine will treat 240 gallons of water. (2gallons = 40 liters)
- Stock Solution: 1 g to 1 liter of water.
- Dosage A: 1 ml stock solution to each liter of aquarium water to prevent infections.
- Dosage B: 3 ml stock solution to each liter of water for four days to help against infections in the early stage.
- Dosage C: 5 ml stock solutions to each liter water in a separate container for two to four days against Columnaris spp., Costia spp., Trichodina spp., and Chilodonella spp.
- Dosage D: 10 ml stock solution to each liter water in a separate container for 20 days (against Ichthyophthirius spp.) or for 10 days (against Oodinium spp.). Caution: Many fish do not tolerate this dosage.